3 Days of
Double Role - Double Dance Pleasure
4 Days of intense City exploration
20/05 --> 27/05 2020
Friday, May 22
20:00-01.30 DJ Sergio Orlov (Сергей Орлов) (Moscow)
Saturday, May 23
14.00-19.00 Jamie Roberts (St. Petersburg)
21.00-02.30 Ben (Belgium)
Sunday, May 24
13:00-18.00 Ekaterina Vinogradova (Екатерина Виноградова) (Moscow)
20.00-........ JulijaZ (Belgium)
21.00 Welcome table filled by our Local participants
19.00-21.00 Group dinner @ Grably restaurant
18:00-19.30 Group dinner @ Danilovsky hotel
Snacks & Drinks at all time
Wednesday, May 20
* Arrival day, we settle into our rooms, in the evening we go by bus to a local milonga 'Fernet Night'.
Thursday, May 21
* After breakfast, we leave by subway to meet our guide (English spoken) for a tour of the stunning Moscow subway system. We will understand how the change of historical stages and Soviet ideology influenced architecture, technologies of construction and finishing materials.
* We continue by subway to VDNKH. This is another pearl of Soviet times. After a light lunch of Russian Donuts, (Elena's childhood favorite), we meet our guide (English spoken) for an extensive introduction. Afterward, we explore the site on our own.
* We share a group dinner at the hotel.
* A bus brings us to the evening milonga 'MediaLuna' in the city.
Friday, May 22
* After breakfast we go by subway to meet our guide (English spoken) in the city center for a tour of 'Historical Moscow'. We visit the Red Square, the Kremlin. We will make a 3 hours walking tour. We will learn who built the Moscow Kremlin, how did the Red Square appear and which events occurred there, what was previously instead of the Alexander Gardens, who and why built the Kitay-Gorod wall and why it is called this way, where the first higher education institution in Russia appeared and where was published the first book, where Moscow merchants earned money and how they relaxed.
* We have lunch at a local restaurant, Elena's choice.
* We visit the wonderful Saint Basel Basilic with a guide (English spoken). We will be introduced to Russian Orthodox culture and the history of this unofficial symbol of Russia and Moscow.
* Start of the dance weekend.
Saturday, May 23
* We have a bus to bring us to the Pokrovsky monastery. This is the monastery that runs our hotel. A guide (English spoken) will introduce us to the history of the monastery and the buildings. We leave after breakfast. The whole excursion will take about 2.5 hours.
* We continue our dance weekend.
Sunday, May 24
* No group excursion planned. For those who like, the Danilovsky monastery is just around the corner of our hotel and open for visitors in the mornings. Also, the Danislovsky market is a great place to have a nice lunch (next to the Tulskaya subway station, 6 minutes' walk from the hotel).
Monday, May 25
* After all the walking and the dancing, what better way to continue our discovery of the city than by boat. We have reserved an English speaking guide and will explore the city from another perspective. After the boat tour (2
hours), there is time to explore the city on your own.
* A bus brings us to the evening milonga 'Rare' in the city.
Tuesday, May 26
* After breakfast, we go and visit Tsaritsyno. It is located in the south of Moscow and includes an architectural complex of the late 18th century, Greenhouses, Historical Landscaped Park with ponds and new park zones with Light dynamic fountain. The territory covers 405 hectares. A guide (English spoken) will tell us more about Katharina II and her love for this palace. We spend some free time at the premisses.
* A bus brings us to the evening milonga in Yekaterininsky park in the city.
Wednesday, May 27
* We say our goodbyes with hugs and kisses.
The dance weekend (this includes all milonga's, 2 evening meals, visit of the Pokrovsky monastery, drinks, and snacks during the event):
100 Euro for Europeans.
5500 Rubles (+ contribution with local specialties to the buffet on Friday evening and/or Saturday afternoon) for local residents.
The excursions (this includes all entrances, all guides, all transport, all meals specified in the above 'extra' program):
215 Euro for the complete package
* Wednesday: 15 Euro
* Thursday: 70 Euro
* Friday: 60 Euro
* Monday: 40 Euro
* Tuesday: 40 Euro
You are welcome to join us for as many of the excursions days as you would like. You will have to inform us during the registration process what days you would like to be with us. So look first into your travel plans before making the registration.
The group will be limited to a maximum no. of participants for the excursion program.
We welcome all dancers that enjoy double role dancing.
No need to register with a partner.
We all dance with each other.
Is your friend/partner (still) a single role dancer? You are both welcome.
Brazuka dance studio
Gamsonovsky per., 2
in the building of Business centrum 'Centrum T'
3rd floor, room 403
Where we stay:
We have chosen the Danilovskaya hotel as our home base. The hotel is situated less than 5 minutes walk from the dance venue and 6 minutes walk from the Tulskaya subway station.
The hotel is owned by the Pokrovsky monastery, so expect nice icons in the rooms and public spaces.
They have their own security service, sauna, swimming pool, restaurant, and bar (open only during the weekdays).
They cater mainly for business travelers, that is why their weekend prices are cheaper than the weekday prices. We obtained a 15% reduction on their room price (eligible with our private booking code).
Booking of the rooms will be handled by the hotel. You will get full info in your confirmation mail.
Do you want to come as a single, but would want to share a room with another participant? No problem, we will partner you in Twin rooms.
Traveling to Moscow:
To travel to Russia, most of us will need a visa. In order to be able to apply for a visa, you will need to have your flight and your hotel booked on beforehand. In every country, there are service providers that can help you with the process. Nowadays you can apply for a visa by a combination of a web application and post services.
Make sure your international passport has at least 6 months validity after your return date from Russia. Typically a visa can only be asked 3 months before entry. The processing time is 20 days all in all. Faster is certainly possible, but much more expensive. You will also need proof of valid travel insurance. This is a standard document that you can ask your insurance company. The letter of invitation can be obtained through a link you will receive after booking your hotel. The whole process will cost somewhere between 120 to 200 Euros.
We will provide you with clear instructions on how to get from the airport to the hotel. Once at the hotel, we will have several Russian speakers within our group to accompany us to all excursions. Julija, Natalija, and Elena have already agreed to take care of us.
Moscow 20/05 --> 27/05 2020