The Dance Weekend 30.06 - 02.07 2023
Friday, 30 June
19.00 - 01.00 Milonga: DJ Alex (@ home)
Saturday, 01 July
12.45 - 14.00 Open drop-in class by Carsta
14.00 - 19.00 Milonga: DJ TBA
21.00 - 02.00 Milonga: DJ TAB
Sunday, 02 July
13.00 - 18.00 Milonga: DJ TBA
19.00 - 22.00 Milonga: DJ Julija (Belgium)
Extra - Included
21.00 Buffet for hungry travelers
12.00 - 12.35 Light lunch
19.00 Group dinner
13.00 Light lunch
18.00 Left over dinner for those still with us
Snacks and drinks throughout the event.
The event will take place in La academia * 11 Alteubnitz * 01219 Dresden
La academia is the 'tango-child' of Carsta&Alex. A 3 side farm just 5 km away from Dresden center. There are an inside and an outside dance floor, a garden to relax, a stream to soak your feet in. Paradise in short.
• 3 minutes by car from the motorway
• direct 22-minute bus connection to the Dresden central railway station
• center 5km away – 15 minutes by bus/train station 4 km away – 10 minutes by bus
• less than 1 hour from the airport via S-Bahn and bus
For the dance weekend, we will restrict the number of participants to 2/3 of the usual number to create an intimate, relaxed, and social gathering.
Tango Creative Laboratory 26.06 - 30.06 2023
Learning week program
Monday 26 June. Evening dance for those already there
Tuesday 27 till Friday 30 June
3 hours of workshops by Carsta (from La Academia,, Dresden) with time and space for both roles. A morning session and a late afternoon session.
On Thursday, only 1 morning class, In the afternoon we propose an accompanied visit to the stunning national park: Saxon Switzerland.
At all times, an open dance floor for practice.
Evening milongas, or at the venue, or at a regular Dresden milonga.
Group lunch and evening meal on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Visit Dresden city center, the greenest city in Europe.
• In your tent/camper in the garden or in the dorm room or on the dance floor with your own sleeping mat and sleeping bag. 15,- Euro for 1 nights/person. You can mark your interest on the registration form!
• self-organized in local apartments/hotels. Right in front, hotel Klosterhof or click here for a list
And what about Covid?
• The event will be organized with respect to the sanitary rules valid during the time of our event.
-At the start of the event, we must ask for: either proof of vaccination, or proof of recovery of Covid, or proof of recent negative test result. You can also choose to do a 'quick test' on-site upon arrival, If you choose this last option, the test will have to be repeated every day. Please bring your own quick tests.
- At the end of July there might be new rules issued, and we will inform you all and adjust where needed.
We will be monitoring the situation closely and will keep all participants updated.
Totally in Tango combined with Iron Tango
On the weekend of 23 to 25 of June, the yearly tango marathon 'Iron Tango' takes place at the same venue. This event is organized by Carsta and Alex themselves. For more information, visit their website.
Two events, two flavors!!!
12 days of tango pleasure combined into one unforgettable tango holiday.
Pricing & Registration
We welcome all dancers that enjoy double-role dancing.
No need to register with a partner.
We all dance with each other.
Is your friend/partner (still) a single-role dancer? You are both welcome.
Your participation fee is
155 Euro for the dance weekend
300 Euro for the creative laboratory
Accommodation is not included.
Your participation will only be
confirmed by us after the reception
of your participation fee.
Registration will start on 12 February 2023 for the combo ticket (creative lab + dance weekend) and on 01 March for the dance weekend only.